Monday 31 August 2009

Your Mission....


should you choose to accept it....(Mr B laughed at me when I came down the stairs in this outfit, stating I looked like I was on "Special Ops"! Well I am....in the kitchen!)

Glut of plums, some 'looks challenged' bramleys (scrumped by your F-i-L!! Brilliant!) and icecream tubs full of gorgeous blackberries... (my current obsession....just beating the lemon curd obsession of last month!). Sound familiar?!

Well here are a few yummy links to inspire you...(Bramley and Blackberry Tray Bake)and tomorrow in the B household the Christmas Chutney cottage industry will whir into production!

Recipes

Blackberry Honey Creams
Bramley and Blackberry Tray Bake
Wonderfully Moist Plum Cake
Blackberry Galettes (gorgeous Nigella...this will be in my kitchen by the end of tomorrow!!)
Spicy Plum Chutney

x

5 comments:

LPFish said...

darling - desperate to make plum jam too but need to find a good plum tree round here to scrump. I am making for xmas tomorrow too!! we are telepathic (joint post?) x x x looking hot honey x

SallyF said...

aha so this is how you do it! yum.

Pomona said...

The traybake looks delicious - I think I might have to add that to my repertoire!

Pomona x

seaside grannie said...

Grandad's mousetach curled in excitement when told he was mentioned in a blog.
love me and him xxx

Rhiannon said...

Oh I wish I had a fruit tree
And a bigger kitchen
And didn't have a job away from home

Looks scrummy as can be, and looking forward to the christmas recipe for tomorrow!
x
ps. word v = chingran. Very odd choice by blogger me feels...